Atkins Diet with Aspartame combined with Ibuprofen Intake
Atkins Diet:It's a low-carbohydrate diet that helps with weight-loss. It promotes the consumption of more protein and fatty foods
The Atkins Diet has 4 phases
- Induction: Substitute Carbohydrates with Fatty and Proteins foods in the first weeks
- Balancing: Add Vegetables that are low in carbohydrates with addition of fruits and nuts.
- Fine-tuning: This process is about adding more carbohydrates to your meals as you get to the weight you desire so that weight is maintained.
- Maintaining: You are to eat the healthy carbohydrates your body can accept to maintain the weight you want.
There is no good evidence of the diet's effectiveness in achieving durable weight-loss and it may increase the risk of heart disease. The Atkins Diet is unbalanced as it promotes the unlimited consumption of proteins and saturated fats(source:Wikipedia)
Side Effects: Since Atkins Diet is cutting down on carbohydrates,it means that the body will then breakdown fats for energy which leads to headaches, Dizziness, fatigue, bad breath, constipation,etc
Aspartame: Is an artificial sweetener that is a non-saccharide that is sweeter than sucrose. It is used as a sugar substitute because it stimulates the tongue receptors(TAS1R2 and TAS1R3) like sugar does. Aspartame contains two amino acids Phenylalanine and Aspartic acid,and an alcohol molecule Methanol.
- Phenylalanine: Is naturally found in high-Protein foods and fruits. Phenylalanine can lead to adverse effects in persons born phenylketonuria(an inherited disease that prevents the body system from metabolizing phenylalanine. This disease is rare).
- Aspartic Acid: It is also found naturally in protein foods and fruits and it can also be produced by the body. Aspartic acid has not been known to have adverse effect on the body.
- Methanol: The amount of methanol produced by the metabolism of Aspartame are low. Methanol is a toxic substance found in fermented beverages, fruit juice and citrus juice. The methanol from Aspartame is too small to cause an adverse effect.
Aspartame can be found in, beverages, chewing gum,cereal, weightloss products,etc.
Side Effects: Some websites have claimed that there is something called Aspartame poisoning and it can lead to depression, vision loss,confusion, multiple sclerosis,etc.
Ibuprofen: Is an NSAID (NonSteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug) which is used to treat fever,pains (such as menstrual cramps,dental pain,migraines,common cold,etc) and Swelling. It can be taken either orally or intravenously. It is very much advised the a medical personnel prescribes this drug as it has effects on the body. When taken without food,it can cause gastrointestinal bleeding, it can also cause an increase in the risk of heart, kidney and liver failure when abused.
Pregnant women are highly advised to stay away from this drug during pregnancy as it can be harmful to the child.
Side Effects: Shortness of breath,bloody stool, cough,dizziness, mild itching,headache,etc.
The Relationship Between Atkins Diet, Aspartame and Ibuprofen intake.
As we have learnt, Atkins Diet is a low-Carbohydrate Diet which helps in weight-loss and Aspartame helps in weight-loss since it's a substitute for sugar and is low in calories. Some persons think that Ibuprofen causes and increase in body size but in the actual sense, it does not. Ibuprofen does not lead to an increase in body fat but instead retains water in the body which lead to bloating. Ibuprofen can affect the kidneys if there are kidney problems or if it is taken frequently over a long period of time.