Hello everyone , I'm Doctor Amina and today we are going to talk a little bit about frequent health problems , I will join some pictures to help you remember the informations we will discuss !
- Blood pressure is written as systolic and diastolic values. Hence, BP 130/90 mm Hg means 130 is the systolic number, and 90 is the diastolic number.
Here is normal blood pressure / age
- Consumption of milk (pasteurized and unpasteurized) and its derivatives , foods rich in calcium in large quantities and on a regular basis in adults can cause or increase the risk of prostate cancer
- Eating tomatoes on a daily basis contributes to the prevention of some types of cancer, especially prostate cancer in men.
Statins & Vitamin D / Nutritional supplements
- Many patients who take statins and cholesterol-lowering drugs have weakness, pain, and myopathies, which theoretically are considered rare, but I encounter many of them daily in the hospital, and their incidence increases in female patients, especially those who take drugs Such as bêta-bloquants and patients with diabetes. To prevent these problems, the patient who takes statines must take vitamin D and Coenzyme Q10 with them, and increase the consumption of turmeric, which contains curcuminoïdes compounds that helps protect the muscles from these problems.
- Vitamins and nutritional supplements should not be taken randomly , they are given by the doctor only after a complete examination according to the person’s condition and after diagnosing the problem,. Do not give kids vitamins and nutritional supplements To help him grow or as a food substitute.. The child’s diet should be diversified and focus on a good, healthy, balanced and complete food. Taking vitamins and nutritional supplements to treat a disease or a problem without consulting a doctor and without a dose and a deliberate period will exacerbate the problem you are about to treat so pay attention .
Anti coagulation & Covid
- Anticoagulant treatment with LMWHs should be continued in patients at high risk of thromboembolism until 20 to 40 days after recovery (with a follow-up by oral anticoagulation) as a preventive measure depending on the level of individual thromboembolic risk , We had Covid patients who had pulmonary embolisms, splenic and mesenteric infarctions a few days after the sudden stop (against medical advice) of anticoagulant treatment !
“In my opinion, our health care system has failed when a doctor fails to treat an illness that is treatable.”
― Kevin Alan Lee, The Split Mind: Schizophrenia from an Insider's Point of View
There will be other parts , coming soon .